Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Darkstar GT preparations or How I came to love painting for hours every night.

BeeCee here. I am playing in my first ever 40K GT in March 2014 called the Darkstar GT. In a fit of utter insanity I decided to bring my Tyranids.

The Tyranids present a unique challenge as they are getting a new codex anywhere from three weeks from now to a little over a month from now. I am hoping you will come along with me as I embark on this first tournament journey.

Here is the army list as it stands so far.

What do you mean bare plastic isn't cool?
The list of the things I need to do before the tourney:

1. Learn how to not suck at 40K.
2. Build a top notch army list.
3. Paint said army list.
4. Build a display board.
Since this is only a blog and not something for novel writing month, we will skip me learning how to not suck at 40k and go straight to building the army list.

With the Tyranids getting a new codex. I know my list will change but I think one of the greatest joys of a new codex is putting your current army list in the new codex and seeing how many more points you have!
 
I can get all this for 150 points now?! 
The current list:

Swarmlord w/ 1 Tyrant guard
Flying Hive Tyrant with 2x Brainleech worms
10x Termagants
10x Termagants
Tervigon with Crushing claws, adrenal glands, toxin sacs and 3 powers (will roll biomancy)
Tervigon with adrenal glands, toxin sacs, and catalyst
20 x Gargoyles with toxin sacs
2x Hive guard
Doom in a pod
2x Biovores
Trygon

Feel free to post comments on the list, my shoddy paint work, or general musings about Tyranids. Heck, post comments about anything you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment