Thursday, September 18, 2014

Renegade Open: The List

Hey everyone,

BeeCee here. I thought I would post up my Hierodule list for a quick update. Life has been exceptionally busy and my brain is too fried right now for a "proper" post so I figured I'd go with a good old army list!

The Renegade Open is 1850 points two sources and you can self ally. I have opted to self ally to get that third hive tyrant in to my list.


So let's break it down:

Combined Arms Detachment:

  • HQ:
    • Hive Tyrant with wings, 2x brainleech devourers, and electroshock grubs.
    • Hive Tyrant with wings, 2x brainleech devourers, and electroshock grubs.

The core of any Tyranid list. Hive Tyrant time!

  • Troops:
    • 15 Termagants
    • 15 Termagants

Termagants aka bullet shields

  • Elites:
    • Malanthrope
    • Malanthrope

The Malanthrope, a must take in events that allow FW

  • Heavy Support:
    • 2 Biovores
  • Fast Attack:
    • Hive Crone


  • Lord of War:
    • Barbed Hierodule

The star of the show!

Allied Detachment:

  • HQ:
    • Hive Tyrant with wings, 2x brainleech devourers, and electroshock grubs.
  • Troops:
    • 10 Termagants

Everything works around the Hierodule. Or does it? Sure the Hierodule is a monster with 12 str 10 shots but there are also four flying monstrous creatures in the list, three of which are the always valuable flying hive tyrants.

The gaunts are there to help control enemy movement and deployment, as a strong alpha strike on the hierodule really alters how the list is played. The Malanthropes provide useful synapse and a more durable shrouded than a venomthrope does.

Let me know your thoughts!

Next up, painting update and a special post featuring a really cool model.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment